Thursday, August 14, 2008

Suggested titles

JesseRoland.com said...

Actually "Penny Candy" is the 2nd book in the "Uncle Eric" series of books, there are about 11 of them in total, I found this out when looking for "Penny Candy" and I have already read the book that comes before it. you may want to check it out maybe we can read the whole series.


I've added those to my must-read list, too! I don't know if focusing solely on one series for that many months would interest everyone, though - any thoughts on that from anyone else? Personally, I'm all for having a huge suggested reading list, and focusing on a certain title at each meeting, because books are like Lay's chips to me - I can't read just one! (If we wanted to discuss other books outside the meetings, we could even post here...just an idea.)

In fact, I'm wanting to dive into some of the Founding Fathers' writings, probably reading Thomas Paine's Common Sense for starters. Does anyone think that might be a good choice for September? Marsha has pointed out that we may need to pick next month's title now, so that we will each have time to get a copy, and then we could decide on a list for future months, at this first meeting.

No comments: